In The Spirit of Mark Twain
Virginia City, Nevada
Science Exams for 11 Year Olds
Answers are astounding!
The following were answers by eleven year-olds on science exams.
- Water is composed of two gins, oxygin and hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin. Hydrogin is gin and water.
- When you breath, you inspire. When you do not breath, you expire.
- H2O is hot water and CO2 is cold water.
- To collect fumes of sulphur, hold down a deacon over a flame in a test tube.
- When you smell an odorless gas, it is probably carbon monoxide.
- Nitrogen is not found in Ireland because it is not found in a free state.
- Three kinds of blood vessels are arteries, vanes, and caterpillars.
- Blood flows down one leg and up the other.
- Respiration is composed of two acts, first inspiration, and then expectoration.
- The moon is a planet just like the earth, only it is even deader.
- Dew is formed on leaves when the sun shines down on them and makes them perspire.
- A super-saturated solution is one that holds more than it can hold.
- Mushrooms always grow in damp places and so they look like umbrellas.
- The body consists of three parts: the brainium, the borax, and the abominable cavity. The brainium contains the brain, the borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abominable cavity contains the bowels, of which there are five: a,e,i.o, and u.
- Momentum: what you give a person when they are going away.
- Planet: a body of earth surrounded by sky.
- Rhubarb: a kind of celery gone bloodshot.
- Vacuum: a large, empty space where the pope lives.
- Before giving a blood transfusion, find out if the blood is affirmative or negative.
- To remove dust from the eye, pull the eye down over the nose.
- For a nosebleed: put the nose much lower than the body until the heart stops.
- For drowning: climb on top of the person and move up and down to make artificial perspiration.
- For fainting: rub the person's chest, or, if a lady, rub her arm about the hand instead. Or put the head between the knees of the nearest medical doctor.
- For asphyxiation: apply artificial respiration until the patient is dead.
- To prevent contraception: wear a condominium.
- For head cold: use an agonizer to spray the nose until it drops in your throat.
- To keep milk from turning sour: keep it in the cow.
- The pistol of a flower is its only protection against insects.
- The alimentary canal is located in the northern part of Indiana.
- The skeleton is what is left after the insides have been taken out and the outsides have been taken off. The purpose of the skeleton is something to hitch meat to.
- A permenant set of teeth consists of eight canines, eight cuspids, two molars, and eight cuspidors.
- The tides are a fight between the earth and moon. All water tends towards the moon, because there is no water in the moon, and nature abhors a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.
- A fossil is an extinct animal. The older it is, the more extinct it is.
- Equator: a menagerie lion running around the earth through Africa.
- Germinate: to become a naturalized German.
- Liter: a nest of young puppies.
- Magnet: something you find crawling all over a dead cat.Denis Waterbury of Portland, OR sent this humorous email to the editor. He didn't claim credit. If you wrote it, email the editor.
|News || Guest Writers || Mark Twain || Dan DeQuille || Humor || Travel|
A NATIONAL HISTORIC TREASURE
Publishing Since 1858
© 1999 All Rights Reserved